BEWARE! An unfortunate crossover—in name only.
the Elko shop was closed and the family moved to Salinas.
The second Garcia mark is the use of the Garcia name by the children of G. S. Garcia after they closed the shop in Elko and moved to Salinas, California. That stamp is an oval with the words GARCIA across the top, SADDLERY CO. straight through the middle, and SALINAS, CALIF., completing the round on the bottom. This mark was used between 1938 and 1966.
After the Salinas shop closed, Les Garcia opened the Garcia Bit and Spur Manufacturing Company in Reno, Nevada. Les Garcia had been partners with his brother Henry in Salinas. The spurs and bits that he and his workmen created are marked LES GARCIA, RENO.
That third version of a Garcia mark was in use between 1958 and 1978.
Spurs and bits marked GARCIA ELKO, NEV. are the product of the J.